"My first fishing rod and tackle, a questionably safe tree house with a
questionably safe tire swing, that red rider BB Gun Mom said "ABSOLUTELY NOT" to... Dad always knew just what to get me because it was just as much a
gift to him as it was to me. This year come bearing gifts dad would be proud to
show off to his buddies on the golf course with my list of picks for the picky Dad."-Kiel
1. Madras flip flops: Lets face it he's going to wear flip flops and these sure as heck look a load better than Jerusalem cruisers.
2. Bright Argyle Socks: Dad back in 1985 was in his prime. His favorite movie at the time was Caddy Shack and he's gonna love these socks.
3. Cedar Tree (with brass knobs): Two things here... 1. Keeps the shape of his shoes. 2. More importantly the cedar keeps Dad's feet smelling fresh as the great pines of the Adirondacks.
4. Leather Tie Case: In case Dad has to land that big deal during his travels, he better pack this case to keep his silks in proper condition.
5. Toasts & Tributes: Are you married yet? How about your sisters, brothers, cousins ect... Dads have a lot of pressure and this gentleman's guide could offer him the extra voice of reason he needs.
6. Gramps Cough Syrup needlepoint flask: Dad gets a cough and feels a bit dorky drinking Robitussin out of the bottle.
7. Anchor coasters: Anchor dads beer to something special.
8. A stack of polo shirts: Mom will eventually shrink them and they will be yours.
9. A baseball cap: He can't put sunscreen up there.
10. A bottle of some really good whiskey: Share the bottle and reenact him teaching you to ride that bike again.
11. Lobster wallet: Lets be honest, dad has had the same wallet since you were born. So this is a very suitable back up.
12. Dopp Kit: Dads razor, aftershave, toothbrush and colognes preferred means of travel.
13. Laptop case: If he is still using that briefcase from 1985 for all his modern day devices… Well God Bless him. Always good for him to have a handsome new option.
On Saturday Kiel and I hosted a trunk show in Greenwich, CT with Sail to Sable. It was so nice meeting everyone who stopped by! I especially enjoyed finally meeting Julia from Lemon and Stripes and Jess from Bows and Sequins. They were just as nice as I imagined. Thanks so much to Carly Imbrogno for sharing this picture of us.
Fairytale start to the day. Kiel, Brendan, Devon and I spent Saturday night at the Castle Hotel and Spa in Tarrytown, NY. I booked the hotel on a whim and it turned out to be a hidden treasure.
Enjoying truffle fries at the Ocean House in Watch Hill, RI with Kiel.
In honor of Memorial Day and the unofficial start to Summer travels and adventure, I'm offering all CGWP readers a 15 percent site wide discount on Kiel James Patrick starting today though May 26th. At the checkout use the code: SummerAdventure.