Autumn Leaves

Coat: Mansur Gavriel (similar), Shirt: Kiel James Patrick (coming soon), Skirt: Ralph Lauren, Boots: Ralph Lauren, Hat: Rag & Bone

November — such a peaceful and underrated month. It’s the calm before the holiday craze and the last chance to enjoy the splendors of fall before all of the leaves fall down. Where we live that happens fairly early on in the month. Kiel, Harry, and I took these photos in front of our house. The majority of the leaves were already down aside from the two gorgeous maples that are always the last trees to change color in our yard. Harry and Bennie love playing in the leaves. Bennie likes diving in them and Harry is all about raking them. I wish our yard could look like this for just a little longer.

Lately I’m really appreciating longer skirts. In the past I always found them difficult to style but I really like the way they look with the right pair of boots. I find them to be really comfortable to wear throughout the day and the added length equals added warmth. I bought this skirt from Ralph Lauren early on in the season knowing I would get a lot of use out of it. For an effortless everyday look I paired it with one of our new Kiel James Patrick flannels for women (coming soon) and my favorite Mansur Gavriel coat from last year.

1. Rach on November 7, 2019 at 5:40 pm

I’ve been loving longer skirts too during this season! Loving all these photos!

2. Bright December on November 7, 2019 at 7:08 pm
  3. Elaine S. on November 8, 2019 at 1:17 pm

Your dog is the best! So cute and such a ham! Your site and family are beautiful- pls keep these gorgeous posts coming!

4. Neeltje | Thoughts in Style on November 8, 2019 at 5:02 pm

Looove these photos! X

5. Monica Yanez Angulo on November 9, 2019 at 8:44 pm

Love this post! do you have another link recommendation of a similar skirt? It is sold out in many sizes. thank you:)!

6. susan veatch on November 10, 2019 at 1:00 am

I love your hat! Love the pictures of your family and home.

7. Libby on November 10, 2019 at 4:01 pm

This is such fall perfection, Sarah! I love the new ruffle plaid shirt, and it would be so great for thanksgiving! I wore the flannel dress in apple pie skillet last year! I guess I have to keep up my wear KJP on holidays, tradition! 🙂 Hope you guys had a great weekend!

xx Libby

8. Miri on November 11, 2019 at 5:22 pm

What a sweet autumn shoot! Is looks like a lot of fun and I simply love the fall colours.

lots of love, Miri

Sweater Dress Blog

Perfect for Fall trips to the orchard, or for snuggling up by a crackling fire with a good book, our Autumn Knit dresses were designed with crisp weather in mind. Made from the perfect wool blend and constructed with a traditional cable knit, this dress will keep you cozy, cute and warm all season long.

WARDROBE STAPLES