My New England Summer Wardobe Essentials
Today officially marks the start of another New England Summer and I couldn’t be more excited! I rounded up five of my classic casual summer wardrobe staples. These are the pieces that I always turn to year after year and continue to feel great in. They are the core staples that make getting dressed in the morning or packing for a weekend getaway to Nantucket easy.
1. Nautical Sweaters: Ok not all of these are necessarily “nautical sweaters” but they are meant for cold summer nights around a bonfire or windy days on the water. I love a fun nautical motif just as much as the classic fisherman sweater. These sweaters are meant to be no fuss and can pretty much be thrown over any ensemble. I love watching my nautical sweater collection grow each summer.
2. Oversized Glasses: I don’t know what I would do without my signature oversized Karen Walker Super Duper in Tort glasses. I have been wearing them on a almost daily basis for the past four years. I have sensitive eyes and tend to squint a lot, especially for pictures lol. My eyes are closed in more than half of my pictures without glasses on. For sunny days by the beach or road trips to the Cape, sunglasses are must. They also have the ability to make the simplest outfit appear more glamorous.
3. Striped Tees: Striped tees are the core of almost every New England summer wardrobe. To me they are the epitome of effortless classic style, easy to wear and always stylish. I love wearing them with denim cutoffs or a white skirt. It’s a bonus that they also tend to be soft and cozy. Stripes are the foundation of nautical chic.
4. Denim Shorts: Denim shorts will always be a staple of mine. They emphasize a great summer tan and look good with literally everything. While I love to wear mine with casual pieces it’s also fun to dress down a blouse or more formal shirt with a faded pair of denim cutoffs.
5. Classic Polos: A classic polo is a New England wardrobe must. I have a large collection off vintage Lacoste polos but I also cannot resist the J.Crew x Lacoste polos that have been released the past few summers. The dog polo c/o I’m wearing in the picture above is available at Ralph Lauren and can be customized with a few different dog options.