Stocking up in Woodstock
September 19, 2017
I love exploring Woodstock, CT this time of year. The quiet New England town is perfectly charming from the historic homes to the family owned farms. It’s the perfect day trip. Kiel and I cannot resist making the drive at least once a year. If you are planning a trip, here are a couple of my recommendations:
1. Woodstock Orchards: It’s picture perfect for apple picking. Stop inside the apple barn for delicious hot cider donuts and other delights of the season.
2. Devon Point Farm: Only two miles down the road from Woodstock Orchards, Devon Point Farm is a family run farm and cider mill. The beautiful property is ideal for pick your own pumpkins and purchasing mums, gourds, and seasonal vegetables. Make sure to try the raw apple cider, it’s amazing! Kiel and I picked up a half a gallon. I wish we brought home more!
3. The Inn at Woodstock Hill: This endearing bed and breakfast with 21 rooms is the place to stay if you are planning an overnight trip to Woodstock. The inn restaurant is a great spot for dinner or lunch.
4. Rosewood Cottage: Sharing images of this historic gothic revival style home later this week. Tours of the cottage and garden are available during certain times of the year. Check the website for hours.
5. The Golden Lamb Buttery: Located outside of Woodstock in nearby Brooklyn, this restaurant is a must for a unique barn dining experience. Before dinner guests can enjoy cocktails while on a hayride around the property.
Woodstock is the ideal town to get in the spirit of the Fall season. If you are familiar with the area let me know if there are any places that should have been on my list.