Matouk Linens Factory

Blazer: Banana Republic (similar) Shirt: Ralph Lauren (similar) Shorts: Ralph Lauren Shoes: kate spade Bag: Tuckernuck c/o Belt: J.McLaughlin

During my endless hunt for new bed linens I came across the most beautiful linens I had ever seen — Matouk linens.  Every bedding set I fell in love with during late night Pinterest sessions ended up being a part of Matouk’s upscale line. They have the most gorgeous hand-stitched scalloped sheets and monogrammed pillow cases. Their duvets are soft and luxurious. Expensive, yes… but well worth the price.
Based in Fall River, Matouk is a three generation family run business established in 1929. Last month I had the pleasure of visiting their factory. I was really impressed that their line is almost entirely made in the USA. American-made is no easy feat. I was in awe of their operation powered by clean solar energy. Every item is produced from a combination of state of the art equipment and something that cannot be replicated — meticulous work by hand with a team of talented artisans who have a keen attention to detail. I loved watching one employee hand-cut the terry cloth towels, or another on the sewing machine stitching the perfect scallop edging on a pillowcase. I’m still amazed by how the seamstress was able to make each scallop perfectly identical. I don’t think I could do that with a marker on paper. Every product goes through several different hands and processes before being ironed and precisely hand-folded in preparation for its’ future home.
Nearly every linen is made to order with personalization being a huge part of the Matouk linen business. There are somewhere around 900 different thread colors to choose from. This is ideal if you are intent on having a particular bedroom color scheme.
I found the Matouk Factory store, connected to the factory, to be a wonderful detour if you are heading to the Cape from Rhode Island. The product range at the factory store is limited but it’s a great place to pick up new towels, fresh sheets, or a cozy robe. A sales team is available to help customers place an order for items that are not on hand or need to be personalized.
This post is not sponsored. I contacted their PR team for a tour in my excitement about the brand. I hope to showcase more local businesses that I’m loving in upcoming blog posts. I have a few hidden gems in mind! Stay tuned to see what linens we selected when I reveal our new bedroom.

1. Michele I. Kelly-Robinson on September 6, 2018 at 1:07 am

Thank you for your made-in-America recommendations! You have such great taste! We will be looking into Matouk.

2. Liv on September 6, 2018 at 2:11 am

Love the blazer!

Liv

3. Rena on September 6, 2018 at 6:43 am

Your classy look with the white shorts is perfect!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

4. sara nena on September 6, 2018 at 8:48 am

it is so touching that they work soìince 1930…

5. Laura on September 6, 2018 at 9:27 am

Wow. Gorgeous craftsmanship! I can see why you were so excited to share this new find with your readers. I would be too! So inspiring to visit a place where they actually make everything right here in the USA! Well worth the price I am sure. Someday I will be able to afford……..Thank you so much for sharing Sarah! xo

6. Allie on September 6, 2018 at 12:15 pm

What an amazing opportunity to tour the factory! I have learned learning about where cloth items are made ever since touring the Lowell Mills as a kid. I’m looking forward to seeing how you decorated with these, and other local brands you’ve found! xAllie

7. amy e on September 6, 2018 at 1:15 pm

I love this! American craftsmanship and entrepreneurism at its finest! Thanks for the lovely tour!

8. Bianca on September 6, 2018 at 1:28 pm

I love your outfit! Such a great transition outfit to fall. These linens look amazing- I love the monograms!

Bianca

9. Hannah J Simpson on September 6, 2018 at 2:55 pm

I love these kind of posts from you. A little different and I was fascinated by the details on Matouk.

10. Krissy Hall on September 10, 2018 at 7:57 pm

Uh-oh, the secret is out! I’ve been visiting the Matouk outlet for years…our towels are Matouk Milagro that you’d never know are 10 years old! They’re still fluffy and full…and I imagine are akin to drying off with a cloud.

I’ve fallen in love with their Block Island seersucker duvet cover which now resides in my guest room and the sheet sets I swear get better with age!

Image-2-22-19-at-11.04-AM.jpg

Introducing the latest addition to our women's classic shift dress line -- elegant eyelet. This silhouette is meant to come along on all of your warm weather excursions for an effortlessly put together look.