Spring For It

Dress: kate spade (same print different style) Bag: Tory Burch (similar) Shoes: Dolce & Gabbana (similar) Hat: Clyde

Before Kiel and I started Kiel James Patrick, we used to drive all over New England hunting for vintage threads — old Lacoste polos, vintage band t-shirts, vintage Lilly Pulitzer, etc to sell on eBay. The hunt was always a thrill. It was exciting to see how high certain pieces would sell for and how many people were watching an item.  Fast forward many years later, I find myself on the other end of the eBay transaction. I no longer sell vintage clothing on eBay but I love shopping on the site for vintage RL sweaters for Kiel, past collection pieces from brands that I love and missed out on (the kate spade botanical print dress featured in this post), and great prices on luxury items especially shoes. I love eBay for offering lower prices on shoes from high end brands such as Gucci, Manolo Blahnik, Dolce & Gabbana, and more. My style is always classic and many of the shoes I wear are sold year after year — Ferragamo Vara Pumps, Manolo Blahnik Hangisi heels, Gucci loafers… I can’t resist searching on eBay to see if certain colors in these shoes are available. It’s always a treat to find exactly what I was looking for at a fraction of the original price.
On a recent search for wedge sandals I came across the pair featured in this post by Dolce & Gabbana. I purchased them on eBay brand new with the box for $349. The original price was $800.00. I couldn’t resist! I love the rhinestone embellishment combined with the raffia espadrille wedge. It’s the perfect shoe to wear with all of my summer dresses. I know I will be getting a lot of use out of these this summer. Below I shared a few more shoe options I’m currently watching on eBay.
Special thank you to eBay for sponsoring this post.

1. Rach on May 10, 2019 at 12:45 pm

This outfit is so adorable!!

2. Bianca on May 10, 2019 at 3:12 pm

I love Ebay! I recently purchased 13 pairs of statement earrings for a fraction of the cost they are being sold in store! I also was able to choose a variety of colours and styles not typically offered.

PS- love that dress! Green looks stunning on you!

Bianca

3. Cristina - Memories of the Pacific on May 10, 2019 at 7:08 pm

This is such a cute spring outfit, Sarah!

4. Bright December on May 12, 2019 at 1:13 am

• Sarah Vickers on May 13, 2019 at 12:36 pm

Hi! Pants are from Tory Burch and the sweater is an older Kiel James Patrick design. Thank you!

5. Val on May 12, 2019 at 1:35 am

Please can you tell me where are your navy blue pants and the stripe shirt ,from your story today thanks

6. Libby on May 12, 2019 at 12:47 pm

This is such a cute look!! I love the dress, and how you styled it with the wedges, and Tory Burch bag! eBay, is so so fun to poke around, and see what you find. I have been eyeing a few dresses lately, and maybe now will take the plunge ahah!! Enjoy your day!

xx Libby

7. Leslie on May 13, 2019 at 11:27 pm

On your search for vintage items, did you find much in the way of the old Lilly Pulitzer silk-screened fabric items? That gorgeous fabric is not offered by LP these days, and, in my opinion, its absence means that LP clothes are just not “authentically” Lilly. I wore a white-on-white silk-screened Lilly sheath dress for my graduation from boarding school in 1974 and still own it. It is truly vintage!

Image-2-22-19-at-11.04-AM.jpg

Introducing the latest addition to our women's classic shift dress line -- elegant eyelet. This silhouette is meant to come along on all of your warm weather excursions for an effortlessly put together look.