October 10, 2016
This weekend was perfect for staying in and watching movies — cold and rainy. Kiel and I worked on a lot of projects around the house and tried out a couple of delicious fall recipes. We were inspired to make the Autumn mix after seeing a picture on Pinterest 🙂
Here a few things to try this Fall:
Apple Cider Floats
The perfect fall drink — delicious and easy to make. Great for those cozy nights at home
Local Apple Cider (I always keep a half gallon in the fridge this time of year)
French Vanilla Ice Cream
Brown Sugar (or caramel sauce)
1. Add one scoop of ice cream to a cup and pour in the apple cider. Make sure to leave a little room at the top for the whipped cream.
2. Cut an apple slice to garnish the rim of the cup.
4. Top with whipped cream, brown sugar, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
5. Put on your favorite movie and enjoy!
I don’t think there is any right way to make this. Kiel and I got creative and combined a lot of our favorite snacks into one mix. I love anything that is salty, sweet with chocolate and peanut butter! It’s perfect for parties or movie nights 🙂 I plan on bringing the leftover mix to the office this week.
Chocolate Toffee Pretzels
White Chocolate Pretzels
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (mini cups are ideal. We cut larger cups into wedges)
Peanut Putter Chips
Reese’s Puffs cereal
Pumpkin Flower Vases
I cannot leave Whole foods without bringing home a bouquet of flowers. They always have the prettiest arrangements. I was excited to make a pumpkin vase with the flowers I purchased this weekend. It looks so pretty displayed on the kitchen table and would be the perfect decoration for a dinner party.
1. Cut top off pumpkin
2. Take out seeds and hollow out as if you were making jack-o-lantern. (Bake seeds to enjoy later)
3. Fill halfway with water
4. Arrange flowers
Halloween movie recommendations:
1. Stephen King’s It
2. The Lost Boys
3. Hocus Pocus
4. Harry Potter
5. Halloween (the original starring Jamie Lee Curtis)
7. Edward Scissorhands
8. The Nightmare Before Christmas
9. Teen Witch
11. Donnie Darko (one of my favorite movies)
12. Stranger Things (Technically not a movie but this series on Netflix is one of the best I have watched in a while.)