Happy first Birthday Bennie! Sharing a few of my favorite pictures from our first year with the happiest, sweetest, and silliest pup I know. For more pictures of Bennie follow along on Instagram @PuffinAndBennie.
Photos from top to Bottom:
1. Bennie with her brothers and sisters. It was really hard to choose amongst so many adorable pups. Bennie just kept crawling over to me and I just knew she had to come home with us. Can you guess which pup is Bennie?
2. Snapped this hydrangea picture of Bennie on her first trip to Nantucket. We brought her to the island just after one week of bringing her home. She had the happiest look on her face running around the hydrangea bush. I’m so happy I was able to capture the moment.
3. Bennie naturally couldn’t resist a few licks of strawberry ice cream. She didn’t get sick this time but learned the hard way that ice cream is not for pups after eating a scoop that fell on the ground later last summer.
4. Bennie’s first trip to New Hampshire. She was tired after a long day of hiking.
5. Last summer she was just getting used to the water and preferred hanging out on our dock. This year we can’t keep her out of the water.
6. Bennie’s squishy baby legs!
7. Tiny Bennie in Kiel’s backpack. She is always up for any adventure.
8. One of my favorite photos of Bennie! She never likes to be without us and even though she was still afraid of the water at this point, she was always happy to hop in for a canoe ride.
9. Keeping cool or digging her way to China?
10. Bennie loves her dad.
11. Scrub a dub Bennie. She did not love getting a bath as much as we hoped. It took some effort to wash her but she looked so cute!
12. Watermelon and blueberries are a couple of her favorite snacks.
13. She also loves fruit popsicles (we only give her a couple of licks) and bandanas.
14. The birthday girl and her peanut butter cake. Naturally she only wanted to lick the frosting. If you are local we purchased this cake from the dog bakery Jack’s Snacks.